By J. R. McNeill,Erin Stewart Mauldin
- Combines temporal, geographic, thematic and contextual ways from prehistory to the current day
- Explores environmental notion and motion world wide, to offer readers a cultural, highbrow and political context for engagement with the surroundings in smooth times
- Brings jointly environmental historians from world wide, together with students from South Africa, Brazil, Germany, and China
Read or Download A Companion to Global Environmental History (Wiley Blackwell Companions to World History) PDF
Best human geography books
This day, for the 1st time within the historical past of Humankind city dwellers outnumber rural citizens. city locations, cities and towns, are of primary significance – for the distribution of inhabitants inside international locations; within the association of monetary creation, distribution and trade; within the structuring of social replica and cultural existence; and within the allocation and workout of strength.
Studienarbeit aus dem Jahr 2006 im Fachbereich Geowissenschaften / Geographie - Regionalgeographie, observe: 1,0, Universität Hildesheim (Stiftung), four Quellen im Literaturverzeichnis, Sprache: Deutsch, summary: In den folgenden Ausführungen soll ein umfassendes und gründliches Bild der Atacama gezeichnet werden, indem Naturraum und die doch sehr eingeschränkte Nutzung dieser extremen Wüste beschrieben werden.
For human geographers, a relevant topic in the self-discipline is analyzing and realizing our altering global – an international during which geographic styles are continually being transformed via strong forces of switch. those forces contain inhabitants shifts, new styles of financial creation and intake, evolving social and political buildings, new varieties of urbanism, and globalisation and the compressions of time and area which are the manufactured from the continued revolutions in details know-how and telecommunications.
From ski cities to nationwide parks, clean fruit to environmental proceedings, the Sierra Nevada has replaced the best way american citizens stay. even if and the place there has been gold to be mined redefined land, mineral, and water legislation. the place rain falls (and the place it doesn’t) determines whose fruit grows on timber and whose looks on slot machines.
- Animals and Modern Cultures: A Sociology of Human-Animal Relations in Modernity
- Rural Governance: International Perspectives (Routledge Studies in Human Geography)
- Agrarian Questions: Essays in Appreciation of T. J. Byres (Library of Peasant Studies)
- Landwirtschaft in Baden-Württemberg - früher und heute (German Edition)
- Japan at Nature's Edge: The Environmental Context of a Global Power
Additional resources for A Companion to Global Environmental History (Wiley Blackwell Companions to World History)