By Ida M. Tarbell
1. My begin in Life
2. I choose to Be a Biologist
3. A Coeducational university of the Eighties
4. A commence and a Retreat
5. A clean Start—A moment Retreat
6. I Fall in Love
7. a primary Book—On not anything convinced a Year
8. The Napoleon flow of the Nineties
9. goodbye to France
10. Rediscovering My Country
11. A Captain of Seeks My Acquaintance
12. Muckraker or Historian?
13. Off With the Old—On With the New
14. The Golden Rule in Industry
15. a brand new Profession
16. girls and War
17. After the Armistice
18. playing With Security
19. taking a look Over the Country
20. not anything New lower than the Sun
Read or Download All in the Day’s Work: An Autobiography PDF
Similar biographies & memoirs of women books
In a tragically brief lifetime, Jassi Sidhu sacrificed a lot, persisted extra and grew as much as be stunningly attractive. whilst she used to be 21, the universe selected her for its maximum reward: love. This Canadian lady, who grew up subsequent to the Pacific Ocean in Canada, met Mithu, a guy from a village in India. This suffering rickshaw driving force who used to be from one other global was once anyone her family members might by no means approve of.
Wake Me at 3 by way of Scarlet Shea
Contains photos. contains bibliographies of every queen for extra examining. *Includes a desk of contents. within the early twentieth century, over 3,000 years after her dying, Nefertiti turned a loved ones identify internationally and essentially the most recognized girls of the traditional global. Egyptologists have been conscious that she used to be a queen of the hot nation Egypt in the course of the later element of the 18th dynasty, yet she used to be little recognized until eventually the presentation of a reconstructed bust depicting her on the Berlin Museum in 1924.
À ce jour, seules 17 femmes ont vu leurs travaux scientifiques couronnés par le prix Nobel. Marie Curie fut l. a. première, en 1903 et 1911, suivie de sa fille Irène Joliot-Curie en 1935, mais les autres restent dans l’ombre. On connaît les biologistes Françoise Barré-Sinoussi, primée en 2008, Barbara McClintock (1983) et Rita Levi-Montalcini (1986), mais qui a entendu parler de Linda dollar, d’Ada Yonath, d’Elizabeth Blackburn ou de You you Tu ?
- A Choice
- Wild Women of Boston: Mettle and Moxie in the Hub (American Heritage)
- Landmädchen: Erinnerungen an das Pflichtjahr (German Edition)
- Yearning: A Memoir
Additional info for All in the Day’s Work: An Autobiography